The Markesan Public Library is looking to hire an individual to clean the library. Flexible schedule of 3-7 hours a week during early mornings, evenings, or weekends. Pay range $7.50 – $9.50 an hour based on experience. Love of cleaning, attention to detail, and trustworthiness is a must. Please contact the library 920-398-3434 during curbside service to pick up a job application or email director with resume and references at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: Applicants will be reviewed May 18th but applicants accepted until position filled.
Job Description as follows:
Markesan Public Library
Cleaning Person - Job Description
Approved November 18, 2010
Responsibilities of position:
Under general supervision of the Library Director, performs cleanup and minor maintenance of the library building, grounds and sidewalk to ensure the comfortable, clean, convenient, and safe operation of the library for both its patrons and staff.
Examples of Work:
1. Performs routine cleaning and/or vacuuming of the library floors including but not limited to: halls, entrances, public areas, rest rooms, staff work areas, storage areas, meeting rooms, stairways, elevator, book drop, and offices.
2. Performs cleaning and/or disinfecting of rest room fixtures such as toilets, sinks, mirrors, grab bars, floors, and baby changing stations. Cleans and/or disinfect other sinks in library such as meeting room and staff work room. Refills supplies.
3. Performs cleaning of windows and glass surfaces such as doors and adjacent windows, display cases, fire extinguisher boxes, grandfather clock, rest room mirrors, photo copier, and computer monitors (special attention depending on type of monitor), light fixtures.
4. Empties trash and recycling receptacles and readies trash and recyclables for pickup. Notifies other staff if not able to take out trash on trash day. Keeps up to date on recycling procedures.
5. Performs cleaning and/or dusting of all flat surfaces including but not limited to all shelves, window sills, computer desks, tables, railing, heat registers, (library and meeting room), counters etc.
6. Maintains an orderly and sufficient supply of cleaning materials and promptly notifies Library Director of reordering requirements.
7. Monitors the condition of the furniture upholstery and shampoo as necessary.
8. Monitors the condition of the building and grounds, repairs as able or reports maintenance needs as necessary.
9. Performs other related duties.
Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Ability to quickly and efficiently carry out cleaning tasks on a regular schedule and with a minimum of supervision.
2. Physical ability to move furniture and equipment, boxes and containers of library material, operate and maintain floor cleaning equipment and do other tasks as assigned.
3. Ability to deal harmoniously with patrons and library staff.
Physical demands of Position:
1. Standing, walking, stooping, climbing using legs and feet.
2. Bending, twisting, and reaching.
3. Grappling, climbing using legs and arms, and balancing.
4. Sitting, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
5. Talking and hearing; using the telephone.
6. Far vision at 20 feet or further; near vision at 20 inches or less.
7. Lifting and carrying: up to 80 pounds.
8. Handling: sweeping, mopping, dusting, possible snow removal.
9. Pushing and pulling: object weighing up to 150 pounds.
1. Communication skills: effectively communicate ideas and information both in written and oral form.
2. Reading Ability: effectively read and understand information contained in memoranda, reports and bulletins, etc.
3. Ability to Comprehend and Follow Instructions: effectively follow instructions from supervisor, verbally and in written form.
4. Mathematical Ability: calculate basic arithmetic problems (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) without the aid of a calculator.
5. Time Management: set priorities in order to meet assignment deadlines and task schedules
1. Inside work environment: 75% or more.
2. Hazards: use of commercial/industrial cleaning chemicals. Some climbing involved in upkeep of lighting fixtures and maintenance of interior walls and ceilings.
3. Flexible work hours: early morning, evening, or weekend hours.
Basic cleaning equipment, including but limited to: brooms, floor buffer, mop and bucket, vacuum cleaner, shovel, and ladder, hand held vacuum, upholstery cleaner, and others as needed.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Previous cleaning experience preferred.